DM3730 / AM3703 Torpedo™ SOM
The Torpedo™ System on Module (SOM) is an ultra-compact form factor based on Texas Instruments’ DaVinciTM DM3730 and SitaraTM AM3703 processors.
The DM3730 Torpedo SOM occupies less than one square inch, but boasts PC-like speeds up to 1 GHz with long battery life. Partnered with such high performance is a startlingly low power consumption of less than 5 mW when in suspend state. This balance of speed and power is accomplished through Logic PD’s vast system design experience; understanding the most detailed workings of each component and their interaction with one another creates a product that operates at optimal efficiency.
The DM3730 Torpedo SOM is available in several standard configurations, including TI’s Sitara AM3703 ARM microprocessor. By remaining footprint compatible with Logic PD’s existing OMAP35x Torpedo SOM, the DM3730 Torpedo SOM extends the roadmaps of existing products and provides an upgrade path from today’s products to future technologies.
The ultra-compact Torpedo SOM is an ideal off-the-shelf solution for applications in markets where space is a premium. From point-of-care medical devices to hand-held radios to mobile Internet devices, the Torpedo SOM allows for the powerful versatility and compact designs needed in today’s market-changing products.
The ZoomTM DM3730 Torpedo Development Kit includes all of the necessary accessories to immediately begin development, helping customers deliver their products to market sooner.
- Texas Instruments DM3730 or AM3703 Applications Processor running up to 1 GHz. The SOM supports the following Texas Instruments processors:
- IVA2.2 Subsystem TMS320C64x+TM DSP core running up to 800 MHz and supporting multiple codecs (DM3730 only)
- POWER SGXTM Graphics Accelerator (DM3730 only)
Logic PD has the resources to support you at every stage in the product lifecycle. Our applications engineering support will help you evaluate SOM options and accelerate the integration of the module into your product design. Logic PD offers a variety of support packages that include:
- Personal applications engineer
- Priority email and telephone support
- Training on SOM implementation
- SOM architecture review
- Schematic review
- Production support
Software and Tools
- LogicLoader™ (bootloader/monitor)
- Wattson™ power measurement application
- Android Board Support Package (BSP)
- Linux BSP
- Windows Embedded CE BSP
- Timesys Linux BSP
200 MHz Mobile DDR SDRAM / NAND flash memory (PoP technology)
- 256 MB / 512 MB
- 512 MB / 512 MB
- Boots from NAND flash or external SD card
- USB high-speed On-the-Go interface
- Three UARTs
- Two McBSPs
- Three SPI, two I2C
- Built-in LCD controller supports up to 24 bpp TFT interface
- Built-in driver supports XGA 1024x768 at 24-bit color
- I2S compliant audio codec (TI TPS65950 – 16-bit stereo DAC, 13-bit ADC)
- MMC/SD card support
- Ultra-compact Torpedo SOM form factor (15 x 27 x 3.8 mm)
- Commercial temperature (0°C to +70°C)
- Industrial temperature (-40°C to +85°C)
- Programmable I/O depending on peripheral requirements
- General purpose memory controller (GPMC) interface
- JTAG and ETM support
Standard SOM Configurations
AM3703 processor, up to 800 MHz, 256 MB DDR, 512 MB NAND flash, audio
DM3730 processor, up to 1 GHz, 256 MB DDR, 512 MB NAND flash, audio
DM3730 processor, up to 800 MHz, 256 MB DDR, 512 MB NAND flash, audio
DM3730 processor, up to 800 MHz, 512 MB DDR, 512 MB NAND flash, audio
Documentation & Downloads
Please visit our Support Website to access technical documentation and downloads for our SOM products.