Development Tool // Texas Instruments
Zoom™ AM1808 eXperimenter Kit
Logic PD's product-ready software and hardware platforms fast forward your product development while reducing risk and controlling costs. The Zoom AM1808 eXperimenter Kit is a low-cost application development kit for evaluating the functionality of Texas Instruments' energy-efficient SitaraTM ARM AM1808 microprocessor and Logic PD's System on Module (SOM).
Application development is performed right on the product-ready AM1808 SOM-M1 and software Board Support Packages (BSPs) included in the kit, which enables you to seamlessly transfer your application code and hardware into production.
The AM1808 SOM-M1 is ideal for applications that require high-speed data transfer and high-capacity storage, such as test and measurement, public safety radios, music effects and intelligent occupancy sensors. The AM1808 offers a universal parallel port (uPP) and is the first TI device with an integrated Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) interface. For medical, industrial, audio, and communication products, the AM1808 SOM‑M1 allows for powerful versatility, long-life, and greener products.
The Zoom AM1808 eXperimenter Kit includes the AM1808 SOM-M1, application baseboard, 4.3" WQVGA LCD, accessories, and software required for development work.
Includes AM1808 SOM-M1 (128 MB mDDR)
- Software and Tools
- Linux demo and SDK on SD card
- Windows Embedded CE demo and SDK on SD card
- U-Boot (bootloader/monitor)
- Code Composer Studio (CCS) v4.2
- Board Support Library (BSL) sample programs
- Code Sourcery G++ Lite and Commercial Tools - Evaluation DVD
- Mentor Graphics ReadyStart for Nucleus CD
- Timesys Linux BSP
- Development Kit includes a 4.3" WQVGA LCD with a 4-wire touchscreen
- Integrated LCD, touch, and backlight connector for optional Zoom Display Kits
- Stereo input and output connectors
- TLV320AIC3106 audio codec
- Serial ATA connector
- One RJ45 Ethernet jack connector
- One USB 2.0 high-speed On-the-Go interface
- One USB 1.1 full-speed host
- 115.2kbps RS-232 debug serial port
PC Card Expansion
- MMC/SD card
- Connectors for JTAG interface
- Included Blackhawk USB100v2 JTAG controller
- Null-modem serial cable
- Ethernet crossover cable
- USB A to mini-B cable
- 5 volt power supply with power adapters (Europe, Japan, UK, and US)
- RoHS compliant
- Zoom AM1808 eXperimenter Kits are available from Texas Instruments Worldwide Distributors.
- TMDSEXP1808L (includes SOMAM1808-11-1602AHCR1) $445
NOTE 1: This configuration is the SOMAM1808-10-1602AHCR with added power measurement circuitry. See this FAQ for more details.
Documentation & Downloads
Please visit our Support Website to access technical documentation and downloads for our SOM products.