Development Tool // Texas Instruments
Zoom™ AM3517 EVM
Logic PD's product-ready software and hardware platforms fast forward your product development while reducing risk and controlling costs. The Zoom AM3517 EVM Development Kit is a high-performance application development kit for evaluating the functionality of Texas Instruments' SitaraTM AM3517 microprocessor and Logic PD's System on Module (SOM).
Application development is performed right on the product-ready AM3517 SOM-M2 and software Board Support Packages (BSPs) included with the kit, which enables you to seamlessly transfer your application code and hardware into production. The included SOM provides easy evaluation of the AM3517 processor.
The AM3517 SOM-M2 is ideal for applications that require high-performance graphics, including applications that require OpenVG and OpenGLES1.1 & 2.0 acceleration. The AM3517 includes an SGX530 graphics accelerator and multiple communication ports including wireless 802.11 b/g/n and wired 10/100 Ethernet peripherals. For commercial signage, medical imaging, avionics, and industrial displays, the AM3517 SOM‑M2 allows for powerful versatility, long-life, and greener products.
The Zoom AM3517 EVM Development Kit includes the AM3517 SOM-M2, baseboard, application board, accessories, and software required to immediately begin development work.
Includes AM3517 SOM-M2
- 256 MB DDR2 SDRAM
- 512 MB NAND flash
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR interface
- Software and Tools
- Integrated LCD, touch, and backlight connector for optional Zoom Display Kits
- 4.3" WQVGA LCD panel with 4-wire resistive touchscreen
- HDMI 24 bpp video-out interface (video only)
- One RJ45 Ethernet jack connector
- One USB 2.0 high-speed On-the-Go mini AB connector
- One USB 2.0 full-speed host Type A connector
- 115.2kbps RS-232 debug serial port
- One USB/UART debug serial port
PC Card Expansion
- One MMC/SD card slot
- Connectors for JTAG interface
Application Board Features
- Two stereo-out mini-headphone jacks
- One stereo-in mini-headphone jack
- Two powered mic inputs
- S-Video in connector (TVP5146)
- Component video in connector (TVP5146)
- Composite RGB video in connectors (TVP5146)
- Parallel camera interface
- Keypad with function-specific keys
- 5-way jog-knob dial
- Dual RJ45 Ethernet jacks connected via hub
- One USB 2.0 high-speed host Type A connector
PC Card Expansion
- One SD/MMC card slot
- USB SD card reader
- Null-modem serial cable
- Ethernet crossover cable
- USB A to mini-B cable
- USB A to B cable
- U.FL to RP-SMA 80 mm RF cable and 2.4 GHz, 2 dBi whip antenna
- 5 volt power supply and cord
- Power converter
- RoHS compliant
- Zoom AM3517 EVM Development Kits are available from Texas Instruments Worldwide Distributors and the TI eStore.
- TMDSEVM3517C (includes SOMAM3517-11-1780RJCR1) $999
NOTE 1: This configuration is the SOMAM3517-10-1780RJCR with added power measurement circuitry (see this FAQ for details).
Documentation & Downloads
Please visit our Support Website to access technical documentation and downloads for our SOM products.