Development Tool // Texas Instruments
Zoom™ OMAP-L138 EVM
Logic PD's product-ready software and hardware platforms fast forward your product development while reducing risk and controlling costs. The Zoom OMAP-L138 EVM Development Kit is a high-performance application development kit for evaluating the functionality of Texas Instruments' energy-efficient OMAP-L138 applications processor, TMS320C6748 Digital Signal Processor (DSP), and Logic PD's System on Module (SOM).
Application development is performed right on the product-ready OMAP-L138 SOM-M1 and software development kits (SDKs) included with the EVM, which enables you to seamlessly transfer your application code and hardware into production. The included SOMs provide easy evaluation of the OMAP-L138 processor and TMS320C6748 DSP.
The OMAP-L138 SOM-M1 is ideal for applications that require high-speed data transfer and high-capacity storage, such as test and measurement, public safety radios, audio applications, and intelligent occupancy sensors. The OMAP-L138 and TMS320C6748 offer a universal parallel port (uPP) and are the first TI devices with an integrated Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) interface. For medical, industrial, audio, and communication products, the OMAP-L138 SOM‑M1 allows for powerful versatility, long-life, and greener products.
The Zoom OMAP-L138 EVM Development Kit includes two SOMs (OMAP-L138 SOM-M1 and TMS320C6748 SOM-M1), application baseboard, user interface (UI) board, 4.3" WQVGA LCD panel, accessories, and software required to immediately begin development work.
Includes two SOMs
- OMAP-L138 SOM-M1 (128 MB mDDR)
- TMS320C6748 SOM-M1 (128 MB mDDR)
Software and Tools
- Linux demo and DVSDK on SD card
- Windows Embedded CE demo and SDK on SD card
- U-Boot (bootloader/monitor)
- Board Support Library (BSL) sample programs
- Code Composer Studio (CCStudio) v4.2
- CodeSourcery G++ Lite and Commercial Tools - Evaluation DVD
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Desktop Edition CD
- Windows Embedded CE 6.0 180-day Evaluation Kit
- Timesys Linux BSP
- Supports QNX Neutrino RTOS
- Development Kit includes a 4.3" WQVGA LCD with a 4-wire touchscreen
- Integrated LCD, touch, and backlight connector for optional Zoom Display Kits
- Stereo input and output connectors
- TLV320AIC3106 audio codec
- Serial ATA connector
- Baseboard RJ45 Ethernet jack connector
- One USB 2.0 high-speed On-the-Go interface
- One USB 1.1 full-speed host
- 115.2kbps RS-232 debug serial port
PC Card Expansion
- MMC/SD card
- Connectors for JTAG interface
- XDS100 emulation circuit
User Interface (UI) Board
- S-Video in/out connectors (TVP5147/ADV7343)
- Analog video in/out connectors (TVP5147/ADV7343)
- Analog-to-digital converter (ADS901)
- Digital-to-analog converter (DAC900)
- Camera interface
- 48-character LCD panel
- UI board RJ45 Ethernet jack connector
- 8 MB NOR flash
- 512 MB NAND flash
- USB SD card reader
- Null-modem serial cable
- Ethernet crossover cable
- USB A to mini-B cable
- 5 volt power supply with power adapters (Europe, Japan, UK, and US)
- RoHS compliant
Zoom OMAP-L138 EVM Development Kits are available from Texas Instruments Worldwide Distributors and the TI eStore.
TMDSEVML138 (includes two SOMs) $1050
- Includes SOMOMAPL138-11-1602AHCR1
- Includes SOMC6748-10-1602AHCR
NOTE 1: This configuration is the SOMOMAPL138-10-1602AHCR with added power measurement circuitry.
Documentation & Downloads
Please visit our Support Website to access technical documentation and downloads for our SOM products.